Winter 2008-2009 Refit | Sunday, January 25, 2009
I took care of a variety of small jobs today, including
installing the new holding tank vent fitting, installing the
port-side aluminum deck plate in the cockpit, which hole I
had cut and prepared much earlier in the process, and some
general inventory and maintenance in the cabin--nothing
interesting enough to specifically warrant comment.
The Lexan that I installed in the main cabin deadlights in
2000 had begun to show signs of wear and slight
opacity (hazing) over the years, so I tried some plastic
polish to see if I could improve the clarity. I used
Novus #2 scratch remover, and was very pleased with the
results; it removed the bulk of the fine crazing that was
beginning to cause the opacity (from UV rays), and improved
the appearance and function of the plastic significantely.